The following list is by no means complete, but it is a general guide for camp supplies and clothing you will need. Expect to be outdoors a lot. Bring your crazy hats, funny socks, and goofy clothes that will show your camp spirit.
- *Bible and any related devotions/skits
- **1 pair khaki shorts or skirt (at least 1)
- **1 pair blue (denim or other) shorts or skirt (at least 1)
- Comfortable Camp Clothing - shorts and t-shirts (plenty)
- 1-2 changes of nice clothes for chapel, dances, nights off
- Swim suit (one piece for girls & no Speedos guys!), water shoes
- Cap, hat, bonnet or bandana (If you want to be cool, bring a cowboy hat!)
- Toiletries, Sunscreen, Towels, Washcloths
- Bed linens (twin size sheets, blankets, mattress pad, & pillow)
- Sleeping Bag
- Alarm Clock
- Backpacks and water bottles may come in handy
- Costumes or fun hats, musical instruments, children’s books, etc.
- Ideas and Materials for additional activities (mixers, challenges)
- White T-shirts to decorate (not required)
- Water guns (not required)
- Be prepared for all weather: raincoat
- Tennis shoes
- Boots (if you will be riding horses)
*- Must have
**-Must have for camp uniform
What Not to Bring
- Things you are worried about breaking or losing (see below)
- Stereos, TVs, VCRs - (small jam boxes and clock radios are fine)
- Clothing, Paraphernalia, or Music of an inappropriate nature
- Drugs, Alcohol, tobacco of any kind, or other illegal substances
- Prescription medications will be locked in the infirmary
- Firearms, knives or weapons
- Because of the nature of the children we work with, money and valuables are not always safe. Please don't bring anything that would be devastating if lost or broken. We can lock up your money for safekeeping.
Gold and Silver
Contact with the Outside World
Mail will be as valuable as Gold during the summer. Please give the address listed below to your friends and relatives, and encourage them to send you tons of mail. If this is not possible, I have plenty of credit card offers and junk mail I would be happy to forward to you for a small fee. You will also have access to the internet for your Email needs during your free time.
Name - Friends and relatives should put your name here
498 Faulkner Rd.
Sunset, TX 76270
Silver is the color of the coins you could use to call home, if we only had a pay phone. Phones are provided, but you will have to call collect, use a calling card, or use your mobile phone (Not all services work at camp).
You can receive messages from people calling you on the land line, but phone calls are not put through to the bunkhouse. Cell phones are not carried during the day, so you will not be easy to contact all the time, which is a change from our society. Please explain this to your friends and relatives, so they won't get confused as to why they can never get in touch with of you. Encourage that mail!